Branding is the creation of a unique name and identity for a product in the mind of the customer. In a word, branding is the promise of quality and service of your product to your buyer or customer.
Importance of Branding
Branding is one of the vital tools to survive in today’s highly competitive market. With proper and well-planned branding, you can easily attract buyers to your product and maintain your brand image, satisfy them, and make your regular customers.
When branding is done correctly, it becomes easier to sell products because the customer becomes addicted to your service and quality. Branding is now essential for any business. Only branding can make enough profit without selling less. Because in this case, your customer is evaluating your service and quality. There are many big brands in the world, and we get easily attracted to buy products from these brands. Some brands sell very luxurious products like Ferrari (Car Company), most of the people can’t afford to buy their products, but everyone dreams to have it. This is the key to successful branding, the customer will be fascinated by your product, and it is not possible without branding. Branding is something special to the customer.
Differences between branding and marketing:
Branding and marketing are not entirely the same but related to one another. You can call branding is a different level of a marketing plan. In marketing, a push is applied to the customer to buy the product. In this case, the company says to motivate its target customer to purchase the product; we are giving the best product, our product is better than other competitors and so on.
But no brand will ever brand it that way. The brand pulls without pushing its customers. Without being tempted, he/she is attracted by himself. The brand will present to its customer what it is; he does not have to go to the customer to buy his product; the customer is attracted to the brand to buy his product.
So think about whether you will do branding, or try to sell products through conventional marketing.
How to do branding:
If you have decided to do the branding of your company or online shop, now you need to know how to do branding, what things are needed for branding? I will discuss the branding of online shops here.
Some things are essential for branding, and these are the things you must know and take the necessary steps if you want to make your online shop stand out as a brand.
First, you have to decide what business you will do, what you will sell. Will you sell a specific category of product? Or sell all kinds of products? If you want to sell a particular type of products, the branding will be the same, but if you want to sell different kinds of products, the branding will be different. Branding through an e-commerce company can be done in two ways. 1, brand the product you are selling or 2, brand your online shop. If you want to brand your product then it is better to have the same category’s product. And if you have different types of products, try to brand your online shop as a brand without branding specific products.
- The first step of branding is to select a suitable name. This is very important, and many people make mistakes in this case. Your company name must match your product or service. If you name a site that sells Apparel, but the business name does not mention what you are selling, it will never be suitable. So choose a name that matches the name of your product, service or shop. Another important point is that since you are choosing a name for an online shop, you must choose a name whose domain name is empty or can be purchased. Usually, you will not find most of the domains of dot com empty, in this case, you can try to change the name a little, change the spelling of the name, and attach a local area. Or you can select a name that has no specific meaning, which is unique, not very familiar, can be easily pronounced. This type of unique name is very useful for branding. In some cases, branding is done under one’s own name, especially the names of brands in the fashion sector of Europe are named after the designer. For example, Gucci, Adidas, Carolina Herrera, Armaf, Armani, Ralph Lauren are all named after designers. Again, if you want to brand the shop, you can give meaningful names, for example, you can find meaningful names like Ecstasy, Diesel brand.
- The next step in choosing a name is to create a “slogan” that will inform your customers about your service, quality and features. For example, the Armani brand’s slogan is “The wisdom of Giorgio“, The Greatest Apple brand’s tagline is “Think Different.”. Choose a suitable tagline for your business.
- Create matching and attractive logos. Create a logo that easily grabs people’s attention. There is no such thing as an interesting logo if it is too complicated. If possible, design a logo with a professional, because the most important thing about branding is your logo. If this logo is attractive, then you can easily introduce your brand to people. In this case, you can take an idea by looking at the logos of outside brands and local brands of this style. Another mistake many people make when creating a logo. Nowadays, the presence of “shopping cart” can be seen in the logos of most of the online shops. By branding, you want to introduce yourself to the customer as unique in terms of quality and service of your product while making the logo a common logo that will fail to express your uniqueness. In my opinion, it is better to have no logo than to create such a common logo. If you can’t make yourself unique, your customers will never be attracted to you because there are many vendors like you in the market.
- After creating a unique name, logo and slogan, trademark and register your brand name or logo if possible, if this is not possible now, try to do it in the future.
- Company profile, visiting card, seal, pad, receipt all should have a new eye-catching design so that your logo and name are spread on everything.
- Website is essential for an online shop. The design of the website must be appropriate as a brand. You will not find any similarity between an e-commerce site in a developed country and a brand’s shopping site. For example, there are no similarities between the LOUIS VUITTON online shop and Gucci’s online shop. Because Gucci is a brand shop and LOUIS VUITTON is a simple e-commerce site. But try to make your website easy for your customers to use. Extremely complex options can cause customer annoyance. If the design is unique, it will stay in the mind of the customer, and he will come back to your site later. Common designs will make it harder for you to remember.
- Good and attractive packaging should be arranged for products. Without it, you will not get any benefit from becoming a cheap brand. Put your company name, logo on the packaging and design the packaging to match the colour of the website design. Use packaging that your customer doesn’t throw away after receiving the product give packaging that can be used for other purposes so that your branding is done through it.
- If you want to do branding in the case of an online shop, keep the payment gateway. Payment gateways will ensure the security of your customers in shopping, which is very important for a brand.
- Try to deliver your products through a professional delivery company because I have received a lot of evidence that the delivery boys of the local delivery companies want extra money from the customer. That’s enough to dust off your brand value.
- Customer care service must be good so that no customer is upset or dissatisfied with you for any reason.
- If the customer doesn’t like the product after purchasing, arrange a smooth return option, do not try to sell the product, otherwise, the customer will not come to your site in life. Rather, if the customer gets the support of the return, he will be able to do the shopping from you later.
- Try to give small gifts to the customer on special occasions; this will make him/her feel related to your company.
- There are a few disadvantages or negative points on branding cost for a new company, especially at the first stage of business. Not only branding cost, but also many more things that you can be understood if you follow the activities of famous brands.