Video marketing is now considered one of the most effective methods of marketing, especially on social media. It is said that a picture says more than a thousand words, but a video usually says all the more.
Below, we go through how video marketing works and give you eight examples of videos you can market to increase your customer base effectively. We also show you how to evaluate the results of your video campaigns.
What is video marketing?
Video marketing is about marketing your business through mobile content. Instead of showering your potential customers with text, you can give them all the information they need about your service or product via a short video.
Effective video marketing gives your customers a quick overview of what your business has to offer. Because video is significantly more appealing than both text and image, this form of marketing can benefit any business, large or small.
A report by HubSpot shows that as many as 54% of customers want to see more videos from companies or brands they support. Additional statistics show that a video on the company’s homepage can increase the conversion rate by over 80%. In addition, as many as 90% of consumers state that videos make it easier for them to make purchase-related decisions.
Regardless of company form and industry, in other words, there is every reason to integrate video marketing into your different marketing strategies. But what types of videos can you market? Below we will take a closer look at eight of them.
8 videos you can market
When it comes to the content of the videos you want to market, only the imagination sets the limits. Here we give you eight tips that can help you get started.
- Product video
A product video is an informative video that shows how your product is used. Whether you offer software (such as an app) or a physical product, a product video can help customers understand how it works.
Following video shows the features of HibouAir a Air Quality Monitoring Device
2. Brand video
Brand videos are mainly used in connection with major advertising campaigns to show the company’s vision and mission. The goal of this type of video marketing is to build your brand awareness and capture the attention of potential customers.
3. Event video
In an event video, you can collect highlights from an event or event organized by your company. It can, for example, contain interesting interviews, presentations or other exciting elements that may be interesting for your target group to take part in.
4. Interviews with experts
By filming and marketing interviews with experts in your industry, you can strengthen customer trust and the authority of the business. Find people who have a significant influence in your industry and ask if they can think of a short interview.
5. Instructional video
Instructional videos are valuable on many levels. They can give your target group new knowledge and improve their understanding of your business. It does not matter if you are selling a service or a product – a video with clear instructions is always a good idea.
These videos can also be used to advantage by the company’s salespeople or customer service staff to facilitate customer contact.
6. Explanatory video
The purpose of an explanatory video is to help potential customers understand why they need your product or service. Usually, these videos are based on a fictional journey where a person has a problem that your business can help them solve.
7. Animated video
An animated video is a perfect format for more abstract concepts that require clear visual explanations. These videos make it easier for the customer to understand how your service works, step by step. Consider the following video by BleuIO. It explains how this device helps you create BLE application and BLE projects using this dongle easily.
8. Live video
Live videos allow customers to follow behind the scenes and are mainly used on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. These videos can create a significant commitment and interest among your followers, leading to a longer viewing time. Users watch live streams 8.1 times longer than traditional videos.
Feel free to use live videos to stream interviews, presentations or other events and encourage your followers to interact by, for example, asking questions or commenting.
How to measure the results of your video marketing
To achieve optimal results with your video marketing, it is important that you test yourself and evaluate and analyze the results of your video campaigns. You can do this with the help of different measured values. Below we list some of the most important.
- Number of views. The number of impressions can be a useful measure if your goal is to increase your brand awareness. The more views the video has, the more people have seen it. However, keep in mind that the method for measuring the number of impressions may vary between platforms. For example, YouTube considers a view 30 seconds, while Facebook measures a view to be only 3 seconds.
- Play rate. This is a measure of how many times users started your video in relation to the number of impressions (also called impressions). If the video has many impressions but few users actually started it, it may be time to change the content.
- Shares and comments. With social media sharing and commenting, you can more easily determine if the video content is actually relevant to your audience. Many shares also increase the number of impressions, allowing you to reach more potential customers.
- Video completions. This metric shows how many times users viewed the entire video from start to finish. The number of video completions can thus be extra significant for measuring the video’s success.
- CTR (Click-through rate). With this measure, you can see how many users have clicked on your CTA (Call to action) in relation to the number of views. CTR is an excellent measure for you who want to track your video’s effectiveness in getting visitors to perform specific actions.
- Bounce rate. Bounce rate shows how much time your visitors spend on your site. The longer they stay, the better. If you plan to post a video on your site, be sure to measure your bounce rate before and after to make it easier to see changes.
Video marketing has become increasingly trendy in recent years, especially on social media. Via video, you can more easily convey present your service or product in order to capture the interest of more potential customers.
Remember to plan your videos carefully and test yourself to find an optimal video strategy. Always evaluate the results of each campaign to identify what works best for your business.