Is it the case that you have never had your own website but are considering getting the first one? There are some things to keep in mind. Of course, you can hire someone to do it for you, but it can be fun to try creating a simple one on your own, to begin with.
The first thing you need to do is get a web host. That to be able to have your page on it. It is possible to imitate websites via wordpress.com or blogs, but you will not get particularly free hands if you make your website there. Creating your website exactly the way you want can then be difficult.
In addition to a web host, it is a must to have a domain name, so you need to buy yourself a domain. You could say that the domain name is your website’s URL. Get Domain & Hosting at one place with Namecheap!
Once you have acquired both a web host and a domain, you can create your website. What you need to have in addition to that is a publishing tool to create the website with. There are a lot of different ones to choose from. Such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and osCommerce.
So after you have your web host, a domain and have installed your publishing tool, just start making your website.
When you search engine optimize your website so-called SEO, it is about always working with your content on the website to end up as high as possible on Google and other search engines.
Here are 5 SEO tips for your website:
1. Fast web hosting – All web hosting provides virtually similar services, but the capacity and quality can be crucial to the speed of the websites.
2. Security – By maintaining a high level of security, the risk of intrusion and attacks against the site is reduced. A site that presents relevant content instead of, for example, offensive content, propaganda or the like will receive a higher rating from Google.
3. Optimization code – A clean code without a lot of unnecessary features that are not used increases the performance of the website, and Google likes it.
4. Modern technology – Make sure that your website is updated with modern technology. Here we mean that the page should be mobile-adapted. For example, publish images in modern formats, compress images, use efficient caching techniques, make sure that GZip is activated.
5. The right content – Try to think like your visitors when creating your keywords. Make a list of the terms, phrases and keywords you use to describe your company, services or products.
Find synonyms and acronyms around the words. Feel free to create subpages for the extra important keywords and terms. Make sure the paths are relevant.